Monday, August 31, 2009

Annelise is 9 months old

Here are some of Annelise's accomplishments for month nine.

- She now has four teeth coming in on the top! Still only two on the bottom, but that means we almost have six teeth now! She is figuring out how to use them too. When I give her puffs to munch on she has started biting off pieces instead of putting the whole thing in her mouth. She has also figured out how to bite people, and it doesn't feel good!

- She is eating meat now. At first I bought some of the meals like chicken and veggies, beef and veggies, chicken noodle, etc. I tried to give her one and it was awful! She was gagging like crazy and rubbing it all over her face, lol. So, we're sticking to the simple foods for now. She will eat the meats that are by themselves like chicken in chicken gravy. So, I usually give her a little meat with her veggies and she doesn't mind it at all.

- She is standing up! Pretty much all month she has been pulling up and letting go; she just gets better at it everyday. As of a few days ago she has started standing up in the middle of the floor with nothing to hold on to! It's pretty exciting to watch. She can't take a step yet, but she is definitely working on it.

- Bath time! Annelise is now taking big girl baths! We don't use the baby tub anymore. We just fill up the regular tub and go to town. She loves bath time now because I let her hang out a little longer to play with her bath toys.

- She really have any new words yet, but I can tell she is trying. The other day we worked on the word baby. She was saying babababa over and over. Then, clear as day, I heard her say BA_BY. It was very purposeful so I know I didn't miss hear her. But, she hasn't said it again yet.

Thats about it for now. Sorry no pictures. It's late and I don't feel like downloading from the camera right now. I'll try to get some up soon!

2 comments:

  1. yay! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks. She needs to get "baby" down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's getting so big, so fast! I can't believe she can stand up on her own. She'll be walking in a few weeks. Also... MORE PICTURES!!!

    ReplyDelete